The Best Electronic Cigarette
With so much hype and so many different brands to choose from, how does a consumer decide
which is the best e-cigarette available today?
By R.G. Medford
s an editor at Top 5 Electronic Cigarettes, I am often asked which electronic cigarette is best, and why. While the criteria and judgments used to determine "the best" is ultimately decided by the consumer, we believe that certain key factors will be common to most smokers seeking to obtain the best possible product at the best possible price.
The eight factors considered are as follows:
- Price: Is the product affordable for most people? Will persons of lesser means need to cut back on necessities in order to purchase it?
- Value: does the product provide superior value for consumers? Are they paying as little as possible for a high quality product?
- Taste: Likely the most subjective criteria utilized, taste may well be the single most important factor in choosing "the best electronic cigarette." Does the cartridge/atomizer provide a taste experience similar to tobacco cigarettes, or is the particular brand reliant upon "flavored" cartridge/atomizers in order to provide a satisfying smoking experience?
- Quality: Is the particular electronic cigarette well designed, and constructed of high quality materials that will withstand the rigors of daily use? Are the cartridge/atomizers individually wrapped and capped to maintain freshness? Is there any chance that the cartridge/atomizer will accidentally leak Nicotine liquid into the smoker's mouth?
- Ease of Use: Is there a learning curve associated with the particular e-cigarette, or its accessories? Is the product easy to use and maintain?
- Vapor Volume: While vapor volume is largely self-explanatory, we have found that it plays a crucial role in overall product satisfaction, and it can vary greatly between electronic cigarette brands. The crucial question to ask is, does the product produce vapor comparable to a tobacco cigarette?
- Maintenance Costs: Will a smoker save money by switching to a particular e-cigarette when compared to the costs associated with tobacco cigarettes?
- Purchase Satisfaction: What is the likelihood that a smoker will be well pleased with their purchase of a particular electric cigarette brand and how likely are they to recommend it to a friend?
In order to determine which electronic cigarette is best, each brand was tested and rated on a zero-to -one-hundred scale for each of the above factors. The scores were then averaged and rounded off to the nearest one quarter percent. After all was said and done, two brands stood out amongst the rest and earned our #1 and #2 rankings.
THE BEST ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE
Apollo Extreme: While it may not be the most widely known e-cigarette brand, we found it to be exceptional in nearly every single category. One of the best-tasting brands we've reviewed to date, Apollo Extreme provides a high-quality product and superior value at a most affordable price. A one-pack-per-day smoker will save about $1,500 per year when compared to the cost of traditional tobacco cigarettes priced at $6.00 per pack, simply by switching to Apollo E-Cigarettes. If you're currently paying $9.00 or more per pack, and you smoke a pack per day, you'll save more than $2,500(!) by switching. This is of course, before you consider all of the potential health benefits associated with switching to an electronic cigarette. You can't really put a price tag on that.
The Apollo Extreme Starter Kit retails for $54.95 before our 20% coupon code discount and shipping is free. The kit includes two 280mAh lithium-ion cigarette-style batteries, five double-capped cartridge atomizers, one USB charger, one AC outlet adaptor, one car adaptor and user manual. Extreme cartridge/atomizers are available in Tobacco, Menthol, Vanilla, Coffee, and Cherry flavors. Available Nicotine levels include High, Medium, Low, and None. All Apollo products are backed by a thirty-day money-back guarantee and one-year limited replacement warranty.
For persons who are uncertain if electric cigarettes are right for them, the ultra-low-cost Apollo Extreme Starter Kit is a perfect choice for smokers who may not yet be ready to fully commit to e-cigarettes owing to its low initial and maintenance costs and its high quality.
There really is no way to wrong when you order Apollo, and that is why after very careful consideration we have awarded the title, "best electronic cigarette" and therefore, our highest recommendation and unequivocal endorsement.
Green Smoke: One of the most popular electronic cigarettes on the market today, Green Smoke delivers outstanding, taste, performance and quality. Its new FlavorMax cartridge/atomizers have set the standard for vapor volume by which all other electronic cigarettes must be judged. While its starter kits are priced higher than some lesser brands, we feel that it is worth every penny you pay for it. The Pro Kit (formerly the Basic Starter Kit) retails for $99.97 before our 10% coupon code discount, and shipping is free.
Switching to Green Smoke will save the average one-pack-per-day smoker currently paying $6.00 per pack of tobacco cigarettes more than $1000.00 per year. The same one-pack-per-day smoker currently paying $9.00 or more per pack would save more than $2,000.00 per year by switching.
The Pro Kit includes one long lithium ion cigarette-style battery, one short lithium ion cigarette style battery, one USB Cigarette (no battery required,) ten double-rubber-capped FlavorMax cartomizers, a hard travel case, one USB charger, one AC outlet adaptor, one car charger, and user manual. Cartridge/atomizers are available in Absolute Tobacco, Red Label Tobacco, Menthol Ice, Vanilla Dreams, Mocha Mist, and Smooth Chocolate flavors. Available Nicotine levels include Strong (24mg), Full (18mg) Light (12mg), Ultra-Light (6mg), Low (4mg), and Zero (0mg).
The commitment phobic might prefer the Express Kit which retails for $59.97 with free shipping. It includes your choice of one long or short lithium ion cigarette style battery, one USB Cigarette (no battery required,) five double-rubber-capped FlavorMax cartomizers, a hard travel case, one USB charger, one AC outlet adaptor, and user manual. All Green Smoke kits are backed by a thirty-day money-back guarantee and one-year limited replacement warranty.
Although we do love Green Smoke, we could not help but feel that the initial price tag might prove to be an impediment to some. It is worth noting that if we were to exclude price from our best electronic cigarette rankings criteria, Green Smoke would be our highest rated e-cigarette.
THE CHOICE IS YOURS
While it is not our intent to avoid difficult judgments or create confusion at Top 5 Electronic Cigarettes, we thought it only fair that you the consumer should make the final choice as to which is the best electronic cigarette for you. If you are considering both Apollo and Green Smoke, the good news is that you are in a no-lose situation. As I have never been forced to choose between the two, my solution is a simple one. I smoke them both. :)
Apollo review and 20% coupon code>
Green Smoke review and 10% coupon code>
We'd like to hear from you. Whether you're new to the world of e-cigarettes, or a seasoned "vaper," at Top5ElectronicCigarettes.com, your opinions matter. We encourage you to use our Contact Form to provide feedback. Thanks!